What a pain in the arse. I started by cutting 5 lengths of copper to around 41cm and filing the ends smooth. I then used the OEM busbars to mark the first and second hole positions. I then drilled out the holes with an 8mm drill bit. I repeated this over and over until I had a bus bar with 12 holes.
Even thou I’m building a power wall from relatively safe Leaf modules, I don’t want them in the garage attached to the house. I built a shed last year and it’s perfect for my power wall. The side of the shed I’ve decided to put the power wall on faces the afternoon sun so I…
Now that I have a completely new way of mounting the modules – and more of them, I needed to remake all the busbars. I found a local company willing to make them for me with their CNC Mill. This will ensure the holes are precise. I also didn’t feel like drilling hundreds of holes….
I wanted to balance all 14 cells so I created a makeshift wiringloom that allowed me to create effectively a 2S 147P battery. The cells were all fairly close, so the balancing current was low. It was dodgy. Next time I wont make it like this
I bit the bullet today and purchased the following equipment for my powerwall Victron Multiplus II 48V 5000 Victron Cerbo ET340 – 3 Phase Power Meter 3 Pole fuse holder/isolator
One of the most time consuming parts of this project is researching and sourcing the required parts and tools. Hours of reading forums and watching videos! Making the wrong choice can cost $$ and time so I agonize over the choices. I decided to go big on the battery cable. Welding cable appears to be…