I have been working away at making the bus bars required to connect the new stacks. Here are some progress shots from various stages.
I started mounting the Victron 150/35 MPPT’s.
After a couple of months its become obvious I need more production. This summer has been wetter than usual, and production is probably down on average however I have not been close to filling my battery. It’s obvious to me I need more solar. I had always planned on adding some second-hand panels to my…
I had an electrician add a second electrical box to the side of my house to accommodate my essential circuits. He also did a bit of a tidy in the main box and added my EM24 3-phase power meter and a Cat6 cable for it.
Now that I have a completely new way of mounting the modules – and more of them, I needed to remake all the busbars. I found a local company willing to make them for me with their CNC Mill. This will ensure the holes are precise. I also didn’t feel like drilling hundreds of holes….
Today I received the last two pieces which has allowed me to complete the high current wiring. I needed two Cabec CB 70-8 Bell mouth lugs that will fit onto the Batrium shunt.
Now for the fun part. I started to play around with suitable positions of the BMS, Fusebox and Breaker (shunt trip). I am using 70mm welding cable I obtained from Metalland and terminating with Cabec 70-8 cable lugs and covering with heat shrink.
My shunt trip operates from 48V making it easy to power. I added some wire with Ferrules, drilled a hole in the side of the breaker and fed the wires through. I also tied a not in the wire on the inside of the breaker to stop it pulling through.
Now that all the threaded rod has been cut and the mounts secured to the two shelves it was time to start assemble the 7 towers. I assembled the towers using the highest rated module on cell 7 and working down to cell 1 and then working backwards till all 7 towers were complete. Unfortunately,…