Today I received the last two pieces which has allowed me to complete the high current wiring. I needed two Cabec CB 70-8 Bell mouth lugs that will fit onto the Batrium shunt.
Now that I have a completely new way of mounting the modules – and more of them, I needed to remake all the busbars. I found a local company willing to make them for me with their CNC Mill. This will ensure the holes are precise. I also didn’t feel like drilling hundreds of holes….
After allowing the loctite to dry I started work on the top plates. I used one of the OEM plates and cut it into two using an angle grinder.
I had an electrician add a second electrical box to the side of my house to accommodate my essential circuits. He also did a bit of a tidy in the main box and added my EM24 3-phase power meter and a Cat6 cable for it.
The rack itself is awkward to move and would be impossible to move once the leaf batteries are installed. It needs a strong base and wheels. First I built a rectangle frame from of 20×20 SHS. The frame sits under a lip of the main rack frame. I then started work on the Leaf base…
Up until today, I have only had an Energy Meter installed at the Grid. My Solar production data has not been available as its AC coupled and connected to the input side of the Victron. To get production data into Victron I required an energy meter specifically to measure production. Without production data, Victron cannot…